This morning when I popped online, I did my normal routine of reading through various blogs I follow and stumbled across my blog mentioned in another blog. A way for bloggers to show love to other bloggers via the Versatile Blogger Award. Holla! Yes, that’s me getting excited. Thank you Tai Tai Life for the nomination! Her blog is filled with the best sarcastic humor…the tag line alone says it all – it’s hilarious – check her out at http://taitailife.com.
Here is my pretty green blogger award. All smiles.
The Versatile Blogger Rules
- Add The Versatile Blogger award photo on a blog post
- Thank the person (or animal) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post
- Share seven things about yourself
- Pass the award along to 15 favorite bloggers. Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
Seven Things About Me
- I’m sitting in my pj’s and a robe wrapped up in a blanket – yes, it’s creeping close to 1pm. Leave me alone.
- I woke up feeling like crud today hence the pj situation. I thought I brought everything I could think of to China in terms of medicine, etc. since inconveniently there is no CVS or Target I can just pop in to. Clearly, I was wrong and 4pm can’t come soon enough for my second dr. appointment in the 90 days I’ve been here. Good times.
- Friday is always a reason to be happy regardless of working circumstances. Tonight we are headed out with friends for a night on the Bund at Lost Heaven. Good people and good food makes China manageable and I’m thankful when they come together in perfect harmony.
- Speaking of working, or lack of doing so, I miss my job back home. While I have found other outlets for my time through volunteer work with several organizations and taking Mandarin classes…I still miss my job. Mostly the people.
- I am an avid lover of wine, coffee and puppies. Seriously, who isn’t?
- My super star crush is Steve Tyler…don’t judge me. I realize he is old enough to be my dad.
- I just learned my childhood home back in Michigan is in the process of being torn down. My dad sold it just before we moved so we knew this day was coming. I just can’t believe the sentiment that house has even though I haven’t lived there in 10 years.
And the nominees are…